CADETSM BRAF MUTATION DETECTION ASSAY
View this short video for more information on the CADETSM BRAF Mutation Detection Assay, or click on the buttons below for answers to specific questions.
- The Diagnosis and Monitoring Service Pack is available direct to veterinary professionals through Sentinel Biomedical and is used in a clinical setting for expedited evaluation of dogs exhibiting symptoms suggestive of TCC/UC.
- The Annual Subscription Service Packs is available to owners and breeders through the American Kennel Club and is used to screen one dog three times over the course of one year for early evidence of TCC/UC.
- The Multi-dog/Breeder Service Pack is available to owners and breeders through the American Kennel Club and is used to screen multiple dogs from the same household at one time for early evidence of TCC/UC.
View this link for an explanation of how to select and purchase the appropriate product.
Canine bladder cancer (TCC/UC) is generally a disease of mid-to- late life, with 95% of cases occurring in dogs age 6 years and older. Canine bladder cancer is rarely diagnosed until the disease is at an advanced stage. Detecting bladder cancer sooner gives dog owners and veterinarians more time to develop a treatment plan. Our research suggests that the CADETSM BRAF Mutation Detection Assay can identify TCC/UC up to four months before symptoms of the cancer become apparent. Click on the video links below for more information.
Here are the steps you should follow to collect and ship urine samples to the testing laboratory:
- Remove one Urine Sample Collection Service Pack from the outer box (if a subscription pack), or from your FedEx envelope (if a diagnostic/monitoring service pack).
- Take the urine collection pot out of the small plastic bag. Do not discard the preservative, or the absorbent pad supplied
with the pot (a second bag and absorbent pad is supplied for return shipping).
- Using a permanent marker, write the first and last name of your dog, and the date of collection, on the label on the outside of the sample pot.
- Use a clean (preferably disposable) household container to collect urine from your dog. Examples include paper or plastic food trays or cups.
- Remove the screw cap from the urine collection pot and pour the urine carefully into the sample pot containing the preservative. Add a sufficient volume of urine to reach the \’fill to here\’ line. If necessary, set the pot aside and top up with additional urine later on in the day. It is not necessary to refrigerate the urine.
- Replace the screw-cap lid tightly and swirl to mix the urine with the preservative.
- Write the time of collection on the outside of the urine collection pot.
- Once the pot lid is screwed on tightly, place the collection pot inside the supplied plastic snap-seal bag containing the absorbent pad.
- Close the snap-seal plastic bag and place the sealed bag back inside the small white cardboard sample box.
- Close the lid of the small box securely and place the box inside the supplied FedEx Clinical Pak.
- Complete the sample submission/questionnaire form and place the top copy inside the FedEx Clinical Pak with the sample box. Keep the second copy for your records.
- Seal the FedEx Clinical Pak, peel off the return sticker and attach the label to the front of the FedEx Clinical Pak.
- Drop off the Clinical Pak at any FedEx authorized ShipCenter. Please note that samples cannot be shipped using FedEx drop boxes
- PLEASE send an e-mail to: CADETINBOUND@SentinelBiomedical.com stating the sample ID number (located on the sample pot). In the subject header of the email, please indicate the FedEx tracking number from your return shipping label.
Use a clean household container to collect urine from your dog. We suggest you use a single-use, disposable container, cup or tray; however a Tupperware or ladle or similar container is suitable as long as it is well sanitized between uses, especially if you are collecting samples from different dogs. This is to ensure that urine from one dog does not contaminate that of another dog.
Click on the video link below for more information and some additional hints.
It is not essential that the required volume of urine is collected at one single time. Please view this short video for recommendations. If you have additional questions please contact us for advice.
Your service pack for the annual subscription will be shipped to you by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and includes:
- (3) Urine Sample Collection Service Packs in small (3”x3”x3”) cardboard boxes. The lids of these boxes have been left open for your convenience. One of these packs will be used to return the urine sample collected from your dog every 4-months over the next year.
- (1) Envelope containing a paper copy of the instructions
- (3) sample submission forms/questionnaires
- (3) return pre-paid FedEx shipping labels
- Each small white box contains one (1) 60ml capacity urine collection pot with screw top lid, inside a small snap-seal plastic bag. The collection pot contains a small volume of a preservative liquid that must not be discarded. The collection pot also has a sticker on the side to show you precisely how much urine to add.
- (1) A second small snap seal bag containing an absorbent pad, FOR SHIPPING THE URINE SAMPLE BACK TO THE TESTING LABORATORY
- (1) FedEx Clinical Pak for return shipping, onto which has been placed an EXEMPT ANIMAL SPECIMEN sticker.
Service packs for breeders and multi-dog households will be shipped to you by the American Kennel Club (AKC). The contents are comparable to those of the Annual Subscription Service Pack; however the number of items shipped is determined by the pack size purchased. The Multi-Dog/Breeder Service Pack requires that all urine specimens are returned to the testing laboratory at one time. It is important that there is no cross-contamination between the urine samples from each dog. Please view this video clip for more information.
Diagnosis/monitoring service packs are shipped to veterinary professionals as either a 1, 3 or 6 pack. Custom-sized orders are also available on request. For each urine sample to be submitted for testing a service pack comprises,
- (1) small (3”x3”x3”) cardboard box that contains one (1) 60ml capacity urine collection pot with screw top lid, inside a small snap-seal plastic bag. The collection pot contains a small volume of a proprietary preservative liquid that must not be discarded. The collection pot also has a sticker on the side to show you precisely how much urine to add.
- (1) envelope containing
- a paper copy of the instructions for collection and return shipping of the urine specimen to our laboratory
- a submission form – Part A must be completed and we encourage you to complete Part B
- a FedEx Clinical Pak onto which has been placed an EXEMPT ANIMAL SPECIMEN sticker
- a return pre-paid FedEx shipping label
CADETSM HM ASSAY
The assay is available directly to veterinary professionals. If you are interested in having samples from your dog submitted for analysis, please provide your veterinarian with a copy of this information flyer (click on the link to view the flyer in a new window).
Veterinarians may also click here to obtain more information on the CADETSM HM Assay.